With Link Maker, our goal is to constantly progress and improve our services through assessment and customer feedback. Through our releases we unveil new features, implement enhancements and fix any bugs that might be lurking. Below you will find our recent releases and developments.
Release date: July 28th 2020
- Added an online support chat function to the site, allowing logged in users to speak directly to our support team
- Added a browser checker to video conferencing, alerting users when their browser is unsupported and suggesting a supported browser
- Added the ability to play video audio to participants in video conferencing
- Removed unused icons from video conferencing interface
- Fixed a bug causing low video streaming quality in video conferencing
- Fixed a bug causing video conferencing rooms to close unexpectedly
AUK community users
- Added the ability for users to add a signature for Adoption UK forum posts
- Added the ability to ‘react’ to Adoption UK forum posts
Release date: July 15th 2020
- When uploading a video to the site, the site now automatically detects the orientation of the video and uploads it accordingly
- Fixed a bug preventing practitioners from receiving notifications of outgoing interest made by adopters they are managing
- Fixed a bug causing inappropriate practitioners to display when transferring a case
Release date: May 25th 2020
Adoption practitioners and families
- Fixed a bug where when the availability of an adopters profile was not set, the display of the availability shown on the adopters profile page was incorrect.
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect copy was shown within a discussion that has ended relating to the profile that was deleted.
- Fixed a bug where in specific circumstances the ability to 'End discussion' was not available.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to create 3 different individuals against an adopter profile.
- Functionality has been added to allow practitioners to schedule video conferencing, where participation in the conference is secured by using a Link Maker login. This can be used for webinars, training, exchange days or group meetings. This feature is currently in the pilot stage, if you are interested please contact support for more information.
Release date: May 11th 2020
- Functionality has been added to allow users to add additional email addresses to their account in order to receive system notifications.
- Functionality has been added to allow users to receive SMS notifications for 'new profile alerts', 'New expressions of interest', and 'Discussion updates'.
- Functionality has been added to allow users to select which email address or mobile number should receive the security code, when users are logging in from a new device or location.
- Added functionality that will automatically generate an adopter activity report on deletion of a adopter profile and store it against the case.
- Fixed an issue where deleted practitioner accounts were showing on the 'Manage accounts' page.
- Fixed a bug where when a LA/RAA default level of search access was set to 'No search access', amending the approval status of an adopter would reset the level of access for search to 'No search access' regardless of the original setting.
Release date: April 30th 2020
- Fixed various issue with email notifications generated to remind users of outstanding actions on the system.
- Fix an issue where email notifications for referrals where the respond by date had past, was being sent to the incorrect practitioners.
AUK community users
- Fixed a bug that prevented moderators of AUK from posting images in announcements.
Release date: April 8th 2020
- Fixed a bug with the advanced filters on the search children page with the minimum age field.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the edit of the adoption approval panel date.
- Fixed various bug with the email notification for enquiries needing attention.
- Altered key statistical data regarding children and family matches wait times.
- Fixed a bug with subscribing and unsubscribing from an enquiry.
- Added ‘short’ and ‘medium’ term to the options on expected duration on a child commissioning profile.
- Allow all practitioner from within an organisation to access the ‘profile activity page’.
- Added edit buttons to the ‘Organisation summary’ page.
- Fixed a bug where the banners relating to the organisation not being able to offer a placement were visible to foster carers in the same organisation.
- Aligned the ‘placement type(s)’ and ‘placement purpose’ option across all commissioning profiles for consistency and ease of use.
AUK community users
- Implemented forum descriptions.
Release date: March 11th 2020
- Fixed a bug with the graphical interface for the ‘Health and Development’ section and ‘profile deletion’ flow for users using IE11.
- Added fields to existing profile data exports for Link Maker profile reference and Link Maker case reference allowing users to identify multiple profiles attached to a case.
- Added additional functionality to ‘Data exports’ that will allow users to download extracts ‘per child/profile’, showing a line item for each individual child in a specific profile.
- Altered the ‘Usage report’ to remove references to matches made on Link Maker.
- Added functionality to the ‘Child match report’ and the ‘Family match report’, allowing users the option of ‘including matches not made on Link Maker’. The report now shows the breakdown of matches made on Link Maker and matches made elsewhere.
- Altered the ‘Child match report’ and the ‘Family match report’ for RAA/National registers to show matches made within individual member agencies or RAA/National register.
- Fixed a bug where messages sent after a discussion was closed displayed in the incorrect section of the ‘Interests and discussions’ page.
- Fixed a big with incorrect data showing in the family-finding report.
- Added ‘resend alerts to all’ functionality to the profile activity page for child commissioning profiles to enable practitioners to resend alerts to all providers when necessary.
- Added filtering to the profile activity page to enable users to filter organisations by groups and organisation type.
- Added filtering to the profile activity page to enable users to filter by the ‘activity status’ of providers.
- Added functionality to allow organisations to message one another regarding specific placements without starting a discussion.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when users were deleting a child commissioning profile.
- Fixed a bug where ‘Active Link Maker profile’ emails were being sent to all registered practitioners.
AUK community users
Fixed a bug preventing verified community users from editing their profile.
Release date: February 11th 2020
- Fixed a bug when saving details on the photo edit page did not exit the page.
Adopters and Adoption practitioners
- Fixed a bug where enquiries that were automatically started by Link Maker showed the incorrect details for ‘started by’.
- Fixed a bug where a practitioner had created an adopter’s profile and the automatic email asking them to register on Link Maker was not sent.
- Organisations will now have the ability to delete adopters’ profiles and confirm a match on their behalf. Adopters will be notified via email that their profile has been deleted and access to family-finding features has been removed.
- Added an ‘Adopter activity report’ to the admin menu that will report on all the family-finding activity for families that has taken place on Link Maker. Users can choose to generate either a summary report, or a full report. The full report includes a breakdown of needs as well as a record of all discussions that have taken place on Link Maker.
- The available families report has been amended so that when any needs are entered in the basic criteria, the report results will only include families who would be ‘willing’ to meet the needs of the child/children. The report previously showed families who ‘would discuss’ meeting the need.
- Fixed a bug with the available families report when entering a sibling group with a significant difference in their ages. Implemented functionality that will automatically notify any linked practitioners when an adopter has deleted their profile.
- Implemented ‘Incoming enquiry statistics’ which is visible to practitioners on their home page. This shows the percentage of incoming expressions of interest responded to within a week for their own organisation.
- Implemented an ‘All cases’ option to the case filters on the Cases page for RAA/National register managers.
- Added an option to enter more information regarding the religion of sibling groups or adopters.
- Implemented an email that will notify linked practitioners when a family has made an outgoing expression of interest.
- Made improvements to the profile deletion and confirm match flow for both adopters and children. Practitioners are prompted to download relevant profiles, discussions and activity reports prior to the profile deletion. If the deleted profile is the last profile on the case, practitioners will be prompted to make the case inactive if appropriate.
- Added additional fields for information about matches not made on Link Maker in order to aid in RAA/National Agency reporting.
- Fixed a bug that was displaying the ‘Region’ on children and adopter profiles in Welsh to practitioners in ARW.
- Fixed a bug where a practitioner was not able to decline a request to link to a family.
- Fixed a bug that prevented practitioners from sharing a family case with other practitioners within their organisation.
Adoption UK community
- Fixed a bug that prevented a public forum users from upgrading to a full community user.
Release date: January 7th 2020
- Implemented functionality so that for all geographical selects, users are able to select a geographical area or postcode. This affects the search pages and alert settings.
- Added a filter in advanced filters for both child and family search to allow users to filter by language.
- Fixed a bug where adopters contact details were shown in the start discussion section of an enquiry where the adopter had not yet registered.
- Have expanded the ‘Level of access’ functionality so that Agencies, RAA’s or National registers can restrict new adopters from seeing any child’s profiles whilst also having the option of making the adopter profile available to the agency. This functionality can be turned on at the request of an organisation manager.
- Added functionality so that RAA or National Register managers are now able to sort by ‘all cases’ on the Interests and discussions page.
- Added functionality to allow adopter practitioners to express interest in child profiles with adopter profiles that do not meet the criteria set out in the child profile. Child adoption practitioners are then notified that the adopter profile does not meet the criteria set in the incoming expression on interest.
AUK community users
- Have removed restrictions that prevented users from instigating a ‘chat’ unless they had a valid AUK membership. All community users are now able to instigate a chat with any users.
Release date: December 5th 2019
- Fixed a bug on the search pages with advanced filters where criteria entered in ‘Min/Max Age’ and ‘Profile added between’ were not always displaying the correct results.
- Fixed a bug where documents uploaded to the site were occasionally displaying with a black background.
Adoption practitioners in Wales
- Changed the way the availability status is shown on the Cases page and profile data exports when the family or child profile is missing welsh translations. The availability status is only overwritten when the profile has been made available.
- An additional ‘hidden’ reason of ‘Considering kinship’ has been added.
- Fixed issued with the display in the ‘Child Wishes’ section of a child profile. Added ‘age at deletion/match’ and ‘age at referral’ to the child profile data exports.
- The sort order for adopter profiles displayed in the adopter search pages has been randomised.
- Added functionality that allows child profiles to be made available to practitioners only within your LA/agency or RAA/National register.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘date of match’ field was not appearing when selecting ‘Matched elsewhere’ on deletion of a child or family profile.
- Fixed a bug with the emails sent to users notifying them that there are outstanding actions, where they were being sent to disabled users.
- Fixed a bug with profile data exports where selecting ‘matched or deleted on the dates below’ returned active profiles.
- Added more options to the ‘preferred start date’ field on child commissioning profiles .Options have been extended to ‘ASAP’, ‘As soon as placement plan is agreed’ and ‘Specified date’.
- Implemented functionality to allow placements to be marked as ‘Emergency placements’. The profiles are labelled with an icon on both the search page and profile page, and alerts generated have “emergency placement” specified in the alert email header.
- Implemented functionality to email practitioners regarding emergency placements that have been on the system for over 5 days to ensure that placements reflect an accurate status.
- Added in the option of specifying a preferred placement location on child commissioning profiles. The preferred geographical location is displayed on the placement profile.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from sharing a residential home case.
- Fixed a bug where the legal status was not being shown on a child placement.
- Fixed a bug where the vacancy availability was displaying incorrectly on a profile where the number of vacancies was set to 0, and the availability was set to ‘unknown’.
- The sort order for foster carer and residential home profiles displayed in the search pages has been randomised.